Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Well, it's almost that time again! Santa Claus is comin' to town! And before I go to sleep, to welcome visions of sugar plums to dance in my head, I thought I'd bring you all up to date of my Christmas season adventures, my latest appearance, and some exciting news!

As I look back upon the holiday season, I am glad to report that I finished my Christmas shopping early, well not early, but surely much sooner than some of the people whose gifts I wrapped at Borders today! I can't imagine the stress of waiting this long, but I suppose for some, the pressure is helpful! Just watching Jingle All the Way stresses me out! Anyway, as I was saying, today I had some holiday fun with Kaili, Shelby, Sue, and Gary, wrapping presents for last-minute gift-givers and Santas at Borders Bookstore at the Salmon Run Mall. The spirit of Christmas really shone through with each person who donated to our scholarship fund in exchange for a gift wrap! One little girl in particular really put us to work for a big hunk of change, literally, and really challenged our expert gift-wrapper Super Shelby with small items like packs of trading cards and even a rubber duck!

We even got to spend some quality time with Ann Walck Ianotta, Miss Thousand Islands 2005 & 2007 and her husband and Miss TI Pageant Stage Manager, Andrew. Oh, and we saw Leslie Stackel, my Zipper Master Hostess! We exchanged gifts with Sue and Shelby - I got an I <3 Miss NY t-shirt, and LOVE it. Actually, I'm going to go put that on with my new Christmas jammies! Thanks, ladies!

Now, for the exciting news! Drum roll please....I have chosen my song for talent, finally! I can't tell you what it is, of course, but I will tell you that it is going to be awesome!

And now, it's time to go watch some Friends and get to sleep early, because even though my brother and I are 16 and 20 years old, we somehow can't sleep much past 8 on Christmas! So, a Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!!!


Oh! And a very happy one year anniversary to my wonderful and supportive boyfriend, Tony! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment