Saturday, January 15, 2011

Miss America!

As I impatiently wait for Miss America to begin (tonight at 9pm on ABC), I thought I would update my blog, something I haven't done in quite a while. Before I start babbling, I want to wish Claire Buffie, our Miss New York 2010, luck at the pageant tonight. Claire has done an AWESOME job in preliminaries this week (view them on the Miss America Facebook or YouTube) and no matter what the results of tonight's pageant are, New York is very proud.

Now, I was supposed to be at a Miss America party with my pageant family, but because of the crazy winter weather, I had to stay home, snowed in. Even so, it will be fun to watch the pageant with my mom, something that I remember doing when I was really young. Anyway, I am beginning the last week of my winter break, and it is pretty bittersweet. It is exciting, and also a little scary, that after this semester and a few summer classes, I will have completed my degree and will be on to graduate school. Much of my vacation has been spent making a plan for the next year. Of course, I compete at Miss New York in June 2011, then will return to my summer job at the Crescent Yacht Club Jr. Division as a Swim Instructor and Head Lifeguard. As the summer comes to an end, I hope I will have found a "real job" and will start taking classes at Jefferson Community College through SUNY Potsdam to pursue a Master's in Childhood Education with a specialty in Special Education. Even though it sometimes seems really overwhelming, everything seems to be falling into place and I'm so lucky to have the support of my family and boyfriend, Tony.

Upcoming Miss NY prep: modeling/walk practice with former Miss NY, Jessica Renzi! I would like to thank her for her ongoing support! It means so much! Thanks, Jess!

That's all for now! Remember to tune into ABC at 9pm EST for the 90th Miss America pageant!!! And again, lots of luck to Claire! I'll be watching in my I <3 Miss NY shirt! (Thanks to Shelby & Sue for that :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment