Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving ABCs

A little late on this, but I want to wish everyone a belated Happy Thanksgiving and an on-time Happy Black Friday! Last night, after a HUGE and delicious dinner of the Turkey day works, I was thinking about everything that I have to be thankful for. I am so blessed with an amazing and supportive family, boyfriend, and friends (who are like my family), I have also been given this wonderful opportunity to be Miss Thousand Islands - a journey that I have only partially traveled thus far, but one that I am SO thankful to have. I thought I would jazz up my thanks a little bit with some Thanksgiving ABCs!

A - Aspen (my GIANT Alaskan Malamute & German Shepherd "puppy")
B - Being Miss Thousand Islands
C- Church & Spirituality
D - Dad
E - Eating
F - Friends
G - Grandparents (Bee, Bud, & Nan)
H - House
I - Ithaca College
J - Jobs
K- Knowledge
L - Lyme Community Foundation/Theatre, for helping to make my ideas and dreams reality
M - Mom
N- Nature
O - Opportunities that I have been afforded
P - Pageant Family (Shelby, Sue, Gary, and everyone else!)
Q - Q is hard, but if you flip the letter upside down, it looks kind of like an Apple - so, my Macbook Pro
R - Roommates
S - Skyler, my little brother
T - Tony, my boyfriend
U - Uggs
V- Voice (Singing)
W - Water - that we drink AND play in
X - Xcellence
Y - You all - my readers & supporters
Z - ZUMBA

For the above and so much more, I am thankful. Remember to think about thanks, and that not everyone can say they are thankful for the things we sometimes take for granted like food, water, shelter, and clothing.

Enjoy your Black Friday and the beginning of the Holiday season! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment