Monday, February 7, 2011

A new addition...

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate my pageant sister KIeren Sheridan, Miss Fulton County 2011! Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this local competition, but kept a close eye on Facebook Saturday night so that I would know who the winner was! So, again, a huge congrats to Kieren, her runners-up, and all of the talented women who competed in Miss Fulton County. I am so looking forward to seeing many of you at Miss Finger Lakes 2011!

Now, I have even MORE exciting news. I had posted in my last blog post that I will be hosting the Children's Miracle Network Fashion show on March 6th. Well, on Saturday I had plans to try on the gown that Kathy & Kristan Letteire at A Touch of Grace had chosen for me. What was supposed to be a quick trip, turned into a fabulous morning of gown shopping during which I found both my talent AND evening gowns for Miss NY!!! It happened that the dress Kathy & Kristan wanted me to wear to host the fashion show was so amazing, that I ended up getting it for states! Needless to say, I will be wearing a different dress at the fashion show!

I also suppose I should tell you all about my morning, mostly because it involves my crown. Because last night was the Super Bowl, I decided to drive back to Ithaca early this morning, despite my parent's warning that the drive might encounter some weather. Regardless, I decided I wanted to wake up this morning, and thankfully did not come across any snow or ice. However, just as I was rolling into Ithaca around 8:15 this morning, I was involved in a minor, two-car accident. I am so thankful that no one was hurt, besides my car, and that it wasn't worse. At the time, I was completely overwhelmed, mostly because my car was obviously damaged, and also because I needed to get to my first class in which I was responsible for conducting an interview. The man in the other car was so kind and considerate, as was the policeman who was on the scene. I have never been in an accident and really wasn't sure what to do. Anyway, once everything was taken care of, my car was towed and the police told me to take only what I needed from my car and to put it into his car. Because I was on my way back from home, my entire backseat was full of my bags, filled with clothes, make up, etc, but I decided that I needed my backpack and purse more. Then, at the last second, I realized my crown was in its box that had wedged itself from the impact. I quickly grabbed it and put it in the car. As I started thinking more clearly, I realized that I had some of my essentials in my car which is now at a shop, and I had taken my crown instead, I just had to laugh at the whole situation.

Thank God I am OK, and for the crown box that saved my crown!

No comments:

Post a Comment